Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Feeding Winston and more!

Today is feeding day for Winston so I decided to record him eating and talk a little bit about him but I also showed of Garland  my other baby corn snake and Kai My cat along with a mention of some of my fish friends.

So Winston is my big guy hes about 16+ inches i'm very bad with guessing and his shed was very stretched so its hard to know what his exact length is so Ill have to figure that out some way.  I'm unsure of his age but hes not that old hes still a young guy for sure and i will give you a little bit of back story on how I got him. About a month ago my EX was asking me to get her a dog and there was no way in hell I was getting her a dog...so i was thinking of other things i could get her.

At work I happened to be helping a customer with a snake and this was my first time helping a customer with a snake and i picked up the little guy and held him and it brought back memories and a sorta sleeping demon awoke in me as a young child I always loved animals but especially reptiles I use to go to the library and borrow a new book every week and read it several times learning all i could about reptiles and after awhile i started bringing home the same books I loved it i started catching frogs and small garter snakes and then I got a ball python I was sure that i wanted to become a herpetologist(someone who studies reptiles like my childhood hero Steve Irwin). I was very happy and then I got my bearded dragon Lizzy from my best friend and i was just so into it but it seems like as I grew older it kinda all died and left me but the moment I held that snake it all came back to me...So after I helped that customer I called my ex and said what about a snake? and surprisingly she said yes so that night I brought home a baby and set him up she as suppose to pick him up that weekend but then came the news she couldn't keep it so looks like it was staying with me and i got attached but luckily I left her and got to keep him :) MWHAHA! So that is how I got Winston and as for my other baby Garland the story is a little more simple...so here it goes. John: Leland Check out this guy! Leland: oh man that guys awesome I'm gonna buy her! John: You should! Leland: I am! then a few days later I bought him/her I think its female so thats what she is! But yeah So i'm running out of time here so one last thing I would like to talk about is my tank!


Fish tanks have always been very cool and calming for me but I never could keep a nice one going  but working at Petco has given me the knowledge and ability to run a very nice tank and I use that knowledge to help out customers with their tanks almost everyday that I work and I love it and it is its own reward...but thats a little off topic I have a 29 Gallon saltwater tank and in it i have:

Blue Green Chromis
  • 2 Blue Green Chromis
  • 1 Black And White Damsel
  • 4 Turbo Snails
  • 1 Pajama Cardinal
  • 1 Condylactis Anemone
  • 1 Decorator Crab
  • 4LBS of Live rock
  • 1 Coral Banded Shrimp *NEW 4/27/11*
Black and White Damsel
Pajama Cardinal

Decorator Crab
Condylactis Anemone

Coral Banded Shrimp
Turbo Snail

No comments:

Post a Comment